Jamnagar is a coastal town in Gujarat, located in the Gulf of Kutch. It is also referred as the ‘Jewel of Kathiawar’. The city is known for the attractive and beautiful beaches and wildlife sanctuaries. Besides, there are numerous islands with untouched natural beauty. Jamnagar is an ideal tourist destination for every kind of traveler.
Flights to Jamnagar
The Jamnagar airport is situated at a distance of 10kms from the city. It serves regular domestic flights from major cities of India, like Mumbai. Indian Airlines serves daily flights from Mumbai.
There are also many flights from New Delhi to Ahmadabad. And there are four flights that connect Rajkot and Mumbai.
However, the city airport doesn’t serve direct international flights.
Check here for cheap flights to Jamnagar.
Jamnagar offers numerous options of accommodation in Jamnagar. These accommodation options range from rented guest houses to budget hotels to the various luxury hotels.
Check here for cheap accomodation in Jamnagar.
economical and low priced guest houses and lodges in Jamnagar.
Activities and Sightseeing
The key attractions to see and visit in Jamnagar are:
- Balahanuman Temple, the oldest temple of Jamnagar with the unique characteristic of continuous enchanting of Rama Naam day and night.
- Positra Beach, a peaceful and relaxing sandy beach with exotic beauty. Tourists need permission from Gujarat Forest Department to visit this place.
- Kotha Bastion, one of the most important destinations of all tourist attractions in Jamnagar. It contains amazing collection of sculptures, copper plates, inscriptions, and the coins.
- Nageshwar Jyotirlinga Temple, one of the most renowned Shiva shrines in the country.
- Dwarkadeesh Temple, highlighted with detailed ornamentation around the main shrine of the idol Dwarkadish.
While traveling in summer, prefer light and cool cottons to combat extremely hot and bright sun. Pack a pair of cool and airy sandals. Winters are pleasant. Warm woolens would suffice. Pack a wrap or jacket for cold evenings.